Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rot & RuinRot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book was beyond my expectations! It broadened my idea of how a typical zombie fiction should be.



When I first started reading this novel I was looking for something different from the usual novels I read. So I bought this novel since I was never one to read a zombie novel and films by extension. I wanted something unique and the first thing that caught my eye was Rot& Ruin.



I expected some kind of human resistance trying to take back the world the zombies took over. That everyone wanted all the Zoms dead(er) since there a menace to society. These few expectations that I had thought would be obvious weren't exactly here but twisted in ways I never though possible. It was like going into a mirror house at an amusement park, I saw something I recognized but it was so deformed it was its own.



The Zombies while the base of the story are out shined by the portrayal of the characters. The interaction of the characters is so well formed its difficult to see that some of characters were the same people at the beginning of the novel. The character development was beyond words.



While the characters are the main focus the masterpiece to me is the world they live in. How a just society can be warped in to something that can't be distinguished from what it use to be.



This is truly the best novel I have (currently)read this year.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment